DATE & TIME:
Thursday, June 24, 2010, 6-8pm
Foley Cultural Center - Oak Room
1461 N. Camino Alto
Come to be a part and give your valuable input for HELPING in the creation of a Culture Specific Center to serve Native Americans in Solano County.
This announcement is the first ever collaborative venture between Solano County Mental Health and the Native American community in this county.
The Vallejo Inter-Tribal Council and Solano Mental Health is inviting those interested in sharing ways the county might meet the cultural needs of Native Americans living in the area.
Some of the ideas to be discussed include:
- Native American Cultural Center where individuals can go for culturally sensitive mental health services
- Wellbriety support (an N.A. substance abuse treatment and prevention program for at-risk youth)
- Traditional parenting and teachings
- Cultural events and meetings
- Education programs, and
- Assistance in finding other resources for Native families, individuals, couples, adults, teens, and children.
Please set this date aside and be a part of developing this exciting and needed program.
REMEMBER THE DATE, MARK YOUR CALENDARS, AND WATCH THIS WEBSITE FOR UPDATES!